Top Ten Things I’ve Learned From My Mum
As it is the day we all celebrate our Mum’s and take the time to thank them for all they have done and continue to do for us, I have put together a list of the top ten things I’ve learned from mine. Today, I want to share that with her, and all of you of course! (list in no particular order…)
1. Make Mistakes: It is the best, fastest and often the hardest way to learn. However, the mistakes you make teach you about yourself, make you human and help in your future.
2. Fall in Love: No matter how many people hurt you, how scared you are of having your heartbroken, or how many men take you for granted. Don’t build a wall around yourself, don’t push people away and don’t shut yourself down.
3. Be Forgiving: No one is perfect, we all make mistakes and being unforgiving only makes you bitter. You cannot judge anyone for their choices without stepping into their shoes. So if someone seeks forgiveness, forgive. If someone doesn’t seek forgiveness, forgive them anyway, in your heart. That last one is harder to do than to write in a sentence!
4. Don’t be Afraid to be Alone: Don’t settle, bounce around from relationship to relationship or stay with someone who makes you unhappy. Being alone can be liberating, fun and goo for your soul!
5. Be Kind: To those you love, to those who have been unkind to you, to those who least deserve it and to those who deserve it the most. Be kind to yourself and to your family (even when you really want someone to take all the bad stuff out on!)
6. Never Give Up: On yourself, on your dreams or on others. Don’t let anyone tell you, you can’t/won’t achieve something. If you believe you can and you work hard, you’ll get anywhere you want to go. If you are passionate about anything or anyone, do all you can to make that feature heavily in your life and don’t give up until you succeed!
7. Life is not Fair: I don’t mean by telling me that nothing will get handed to you, opportunities don’t come knocking and money doesn’t grow on trees (although she did say that a lot!)! I mean by preparing me for being kicked back, rejected and missing out, despite all my best efforts. Sometimes, life isn’t fair. You just have to take the rough with the smooth and hope that everything happens for a reason.
8. Travel: There is no better way to broaden your horizons (literally)! It makes you independent, opens you up to different cultures and ways of life, helps you grow as a person and it is amazing fun! Besides, “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
9: It’s Good to Talk and it is good to Cry: A problem shared really is a problem halved and you’ll never feel better until you’ve let it all out and had a good cry! You don’t have to feel silly, weak or childish. You don’t need to ask anyone’s permission to cry. Asking for help is welcomed and just needing an ear to chew (not literally) is OK too.
10. Respect Yourself: I mean this in every way! Don’t smoke, eat your 5-a-day, don’t sell yourself short (or cheap!), drugs are pointless and protection exists for more than one reason! If you respect yourself, others will respect you too.
My Top Ten Valentine Dresses
Hello All! A rather late, Happy New Year and SORRY for being so terrible at blogging lately. I damaged my hands a while back and was asked to keep my typing and computer usage to a minimum HOWEVER, I am bursting to show you these cute dresses so, here they are…
Valentines day is quickly approaching and regardless of your “relationship status”, it is nice to spend the day with that special someone or the special people you love. I always dress a little bit “valentines themed” and there are some gorgeous dresses out there to chose from this year. I have selected a mix of casual and formal, red and pink dresses that would look suitably adorable whatever you are doing! Also, if any men are looking for gift ideas, these should help give you an idea. Happy Shopping!! X
Top Ten Party Tips…
It is party season once more and many of us have several events to juggle which means we also have several outfits to plan. It can be expensive to keep getting new hot, on trend dresses to dazzle the crowd in so I’ve come up with a few tips to help make an old outfit look fresh, to make the same outfit look different and to generally just rock the party season like a pro!
1. Switch up your Shoes! To give your outfit the edge, team it with some really bright heels. That simple change can make the most casual of ensembles a little more glam. Wearing the same Little Black Dress you wore last year? Bright red heels or cute detailed shoes like these from Kurt Geiger will really make you stand out!
2. Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize! Bright, bold, over-sized jewelry can dress up a simple dress and give it some added flare. However, you might rather just accessorize with an embellished bag as it gives the same results.
3. Don’t Crash Diet! Instead make it all about the outfit and find a dress that flatters your body. Crash dieting only makes your first drink go straight to your head and you feel low on energy all day.
4. Dressing for your Body! It is probably the most important factor of them all. If you have legs to die for or a cleavage to make Christina Hentricks envious, make sure you find a dress that shows off your very best feature. This will give you a confidence you’ll radiate all night and you’ll turn heads wherever you go.
6. Remember Facebook! A dress can be see-through or underwear shows through and you don’t notice until it is too late. Snap a picture of yourself before you go out to prevent any regrets later!
7. Always have a Back-up! You can never be too careful. A zip might break, you might feel bloated or a sequin could come loose. Having a plan B is always a good idea and saves a big panic on the day.
8. Pick a drink and stick to it! There is nothing worse than feeling like you made a fool of yourself the night before. Pick a drink at the beginning of the night and keep drinking it. Mixing just gets you more drunk quicker and makes you feel like hell the next day!
9. Hot Hair! There is a saying that your hair is your biggest accessory so make the most of it. Practice before the event so you don’t stress out on the night and play around with different styles. Also pick a hair-do that will best show off your dress. For instance, a strapless number often works best with a chic up-do.
10. Most importantly, have fun! Mingle with friends and strangers alike. Keep conversation light and relaxed. If you look and feel fantastic, your confidence will run through to every aspect of the night!
Do you have any hot tips?? Let me know!