Circaroma was first brought to my attention by a Twitter chum who offered me two products to try in exchange for my thoughts. I was, of course, more than happy to accept the offer and naturally looked them up. First off, they are based in Dorset, my home county and I was excited to see a product coming from so close to home. Secondly, they have been around since the early 90s building a whole award-mountain for everything from their face-wash to hand cream, even their entire organic range.
Organic skincare is no big beauty secret, it has been around for a long time now but, perhaps because their branding and marketing are so strong, I have always gone for brands I know and that don’e use all natural ingredients. I’ve never really thought too much about that until recently when I was in South Africa and met a woman who passionately listed off all the benefits to going organic! Cicaroma puts it perfectly themselves, so I’ve lifted these bullets from their website to share with you:
- Research has shown that we can absorb up to 60% of what we place on our skins – it therefore makes sense to use the purest of pure ingredients.
- Using genuinely natural skincare can help to improve the health of your skin making your skin look fresher and younger
- Organic skincare ingredients are often the best quality available. All the ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides and artificial fertilisers and in an environmentally sustainable way. This means products formulated with organic ingredients are better for your skin and kinder to the environment.
- Organic skincare tends to contain proportionally less synthetic and chemical ingredients. Many synthetic ingredients may irritate the skin and cause skin allergies to develop
- Organic skincare tends to be fresher by the time it gets to you, as it usually has a shorter shelf life (did you know that many creams may be over one year old before you even buy them.
With this in mind, I am far more careful about what I use now and a lot of my Christmas list was made up of Organic skin care products. However, Circaroma has just been brought to my attention and after testing two of their top sellers, I have to admit that I wish I’d known about them before Christmas!
First was their Refreshing Body Lotion, Ginger and Pink Grapefruit; which makes up part of their Uplift and Refresh range and it certainly does just that! I’ve been using it in the mornings, as recommended and although I was slightly tentative about the mix of Ginger and Pink Grapefruit, I can honestly say it smells wonderful. It has a lovely creamy texture but at the same time is very light so you can dress right away as it is absorbed by the skin. My skin certainly feels lovely and was notably softer on day 10 of use than on day 1. The smell isn’t too strong but it does last well into the day which gives me a feeling of being moisturised and fresh which naturally, I love!
Second up was their Softening Hand and Foot Balm, Wild Frankincense and Geranium Flower; which is part of their Relax and Nurture Range. This is simply amazing and I cannot scream, shout and recommend this enough! It looks and feels just like a lip balm and you only need a little bit too as it spreads really well. The texture once you start rubbing it into your hands or feet immediately becomes smooth and the balm heats up under your touch so it feel incredibly relaxing, like a massage. After use number one, I noticed and felt a change on both my hands and feet. They felt softer, smoother and that feeling lasted for 7 days before I felt I needed to reapply.
I urge you to give their products a try! www.circaroma.com